Weighted Blanket – World Map – 3.5 kg
- Made by Red Blanket Co
- Map of the World /Black Drill backing
- Size for Blanket approximately 86cmx 149cm
Weighted Blankets can make a huge difference for many who have trouble with sleep as well as helping them relax and focus when anxious or in stressful environments. Weighted blankets are mostly used by those living with Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, restless leg syndrome and more.
Red Blanket offer a range of weighted blankets which may be suggested by an Occupational Therapist, for times when the user needs to regulate their sensory input by providing Deep Pressure Touch Simulation (DPTS). DPTS can stimulate the release of serotonin (a neurotransmitter in the brain that is known as the calming chemical). This is helpful if the person is over stimulated and needs to calm down, including trying to get to sleep, to help regulate one’s sensory input when in an overstimulating environment.
Red Blanket weighted blankets are filled with poly pellets (small plastic balls) and are fully washable.
All products are made so the pellets are separated into sections to ensure balanced weight distribution.
Professional guidance from an Occupational Therapist trained in sensory integration is strongly recommended, to ensure that the appropriate weighted item is selected for the person’s individual needs and to provide information regarding an effective wearing regime. Blankets are usually made at 10 percent of the person’s weight plus 200g.
- Never advise or allow someone to place a weighted blanket on their head
- Always ensure the user is able to remove the weighted item if they so desire
- Weighted products are never to be used as a restraint
- Never force an individual to have a weighted products place on them
- Stop using the weighted product immediately if any tears/rips or cuts appear which may allow the contents to escape.
- The blankets are double or triple stitched to help prevent damage.
- Should damage occur please contact Red Blanket to seek information regarding possible repair.
- When washing ensure the weight does not exceed the washing machines weight capacity.
- Due to the nature and weight of the blanket the machine may become unbalanced.
- We recommend being present when washing.
- Washing – cold machine wash and dry flat, we do not recommend placing in a dyer as the heat may damage the poly pellet filling.
- Size for Blanket 95cmx 102 cm or 102cm x 145cm
- Recommended for children over 3 years and up