Help your child master telling-the-time using the EasyRead Clock.
With a large, clear, detailed dial, colour coded numbers and using the unique EasyRead 3-Step Teaching System, it makes it easier to learn minutes, quarters, half, o’clock, past and to – as simple as 1-2-3!
To teach a child to tell the time in ‘minutes past and to the hour’ requires a 3-Step Time Teaching System and this is what you do:
- Present the clock or watch to the child. Show them how the 2 sides of the dial are colour coded. Tell your child that the right-hand side of the clock is called “Minutes Past”; and the left-hand side is called “Minutes To” (say the colours instead of ’left’ and ‘right’). Explain that they need to choose the side that the long hand (the minute hand) is pointing to.
- Now practise by pointing at a side and asking your child to say the names “Minutes Past” or “Minutes To”. Keep practising until they are completely confident about which side is which.
Now we’re ready to use the EasyRead 3-Step Time Teaching System:
EasyRead 3-step time teaching system clock
- Show your child that the numbers are all contained in boxes and that the points of the hands penetrate into the boxes. Explain that they read the number in the box that the hand is pointing to.
- Step 1. Read the number at the end of the long hand
- Step 2. Say which side of the clock the long hand is pointing to (Minutes Past or Minutes To)
- Step 3. Read the number at the end of the short hand
- Say it like this: 8….minutes to….2
It really is that easy! Now practise until the 3 steps become second nature.
- 29cm diameter clock
- Slient tick
- Requires 1 x AA battery (not included)
Recommended for Ages 5years+